Nuranu is a professional & customized 18650 lithium ion battery pack manufacturer, supplier from China, we offer different combinations of series and parallels of 18650 lithiun ion cell battery packs, in different voltages and power capacity, aiming to meet customers’ unique demands. If you are looking for a reliable 18650 lithium ion battery pack factory in China, please don’t hesiate to contact [email protected] .
As we all know, although lithium batteries are a new type of battery in the battery industry, 18650 battery pack is one of the typical representatives of lithium batteries.
What is the 18650 lithium battery?
The 18650 is the originator of the lithium battery. It is a standard lithium battery model developed by the Japanese company Sony to save costs. The 18650 battery we often mention is actually a lithium battery named after the size of the battery. 18650 The 18 refers to the diameter of the lithium battery is 18mm, 65 indicates the length value is 65mm, 0 indicates that it is a cylindrical battery, and the more commonly used household batteries are generally AA batteries, whose model is 14500, which is also a cylindrical battery with a diameter of 14mm and a length of 50mm; in simple terms, 18650 actually refers to the size and model of the battery. According to the type of battery, the common 18650 battery is also divided into lithium ion batteries and lithium iron phosphate batteries. Currently on the market the former is used more;
Advantages of 18650 lithium battery
1. Large capacity: The capacity of 18650 lithium battery is generally between 1200mah~3600mah, while the general battery capacity is only about 800mah. If combined into a 18650 lithium battery pack, the 18650 lithium battery pack capacity can easily exceed 5000mah.
2. Long life: The 18650 lithium battery has a long life, and the cycle life can reach more than 500 times in normal use, which is more than twice that of ordinary batteries.
3. High safety performance: 18650 lithium battery has high safety performance. In order to prevent battery short-circuit phenomenon, the positive and negative electrodes of 18650 lithium battery are separated. Therefore, the short-circuit phenomenon may have been reduced to the extreme. A protection board can be installed to avoid overcharge and overdischarge of the battery, which can also extend the service life of the battery.
4. High voltage: The voltage of 18650 lithium battery is generally 3.7V and 4.2V, which is much higher than the 1.2V voltage of nickel-cadmium and nickel-hydrogen batteries.
5. No memory effect: It is not necessary to empty the remaining power before charging, which is convenient to use.
6. It can be combined in series or in parallel to form a 18650 lithium battery pack.
7. Wide range of use: can be used for notebook computers, walkie-talkies, portable DVDs, instrumentation, audio equipment, model airplanes, toys, camcorders, digital cameras and other electronic equipment.
Disadvantages of 18650 lithium battery
The biggest disadvantage of the 18650 lithium battery is that its size has been fixed, and it is not well positioned when installed in some notebooks or some products. Of course, this disadvantage can also be said to be an advantage. This is a disadvantage in terms of customizable and transformable size while compared with other lithium batteries such as polymer lithium batteries.. Compared to some products with specified battery specifications, it has become an advantage.
The production of 18650 lithium batteries requires a protection circuit to prevent the battery from being overcharged and causing discharge. Of course, this is necessary for lithium batteries, which is also a common disadvantage of lithium batteries, because the materials used in lithium batteries are basically lithium cobalt oxide materials, and lithium cobalt oxide materials cannot discharge at high currents, which is not very safe without a protection circuit board.
The 18650 lithium battery requires high production conditions. Compared with the general battery production, the 18650 lithium battery requires high production conditions, which undoubtedly increases the production cost.
What is the usage and application of 18650 lithium battery?
18650 lithium ion batteries are more perfect and stable worldwide, and the market share is also the biggest compared with other lithium ion batteries. In addition to pure electric vehicles and electric scooter power supply, 18650 rechargeable batteries are also widely used in notebook computers, Electronic products such as digital cameras and surveillance cameras;
18650 lithium battery life theory is 1000 cycles of charging. Because of the large capacity per unit density, most of them are used in laptop batteries. In addition, because the 18650 has a very good stability at work, it is widely used in various electronic fields: high-end glare flashlights, portable power supply, wireless data transmitter, electric heating warm clothes, heating shoes, portable instruments, portable lighting equipment, portable printers, industrial instruments, medical instruments, etc.
Is 18650 lithium battery durable?
The current 3.7V 18650 lithium battery usually has a cycle life of 500~1000 times, and the 3.2V 18650 usually has a service life of more than 2000, but the prerequisite is a qualified battery produced by a formal and reliable manufacturer. If it is a defective or counterfeit battery, the service life will be very short. The service life of 18650 lithium batteries is only two to three years.
Lithium batteries can normally be charged and discharged 300-500 times. The best choice is to partially discharge the lithium battery instead of completely discharging it. At the same time, try to avoid full discharge from time to time. Once the battery is off the production line, the clock will gradually start to move. Regardless of whether you use it or not, the service life of lithium batteries is only two to three years.
The service life of the 18650 lithium battery is usually 300 to 500 charging cycles. If the power provided by a complete discharge is Q, if the reduction in power after each charging cycle time is not considered, the lithium battery can provide or supplement a total of 300Q-500Q of power during its service life. From this we know that if you charge 1/2 each time, you can charge 600-1000 times; if you charge 1/3 each time, you can charge 900-1500 times. Inferring from this category, if it is charged randomly, the frequency is uncertain.
People hear from time to time that the service life of a 18650 lithium battery is “500 times”. The “time” in the principle of a lithium battery refers to the cycle service life, which is a complete charge and discharge cycle time. It is a test standard in the industry: Depth of discharge × frequency of charging = cycle life, the value of the depth of discharge is 80%, at least 625 charge and discharge times, that is, 80% × 625 = 500 (times).
All in all, no matter how it is charged, it is constant capacity of 300Q to 500Q of electricity is certain. Therefore, everyone can also understand this: the life of a lithium battery is related to the total charge capacity of the battery, and has nothing to do with the frequency of charging. There is little difference between deep discharge and deep charge and shallow discharge and shallow charge on the service life of lithium batteries.
How to maintain 18650 lithium ion battery
Generally speaking, rechargeable batteries include nickel-hydrogen rechargeable batteries, lithium batteries and lead-acid batteries, 18650 lithium batteries, LiFePO4 batteries and polymer lithium batteries. Today, we will discuss the maintenance methods of 18650 lithium batteries.
1. Suitable temperature, avoid heat and cold. The application working temperature is best to be around 25 celesius degree, because the high working temperature will cause the rechargeable battery to be overcharged and vapor appears, and the low working temperature will cause the battery to be insufficiently charged.
2. In the proper operation method of 18650 lithium battery, the charging method of the lithium battery is the most important, because the wrong battery charging method will cause safety hazards, and the charging and discharging and normal maintenance only endanger the life of the lithium battery. Lithium battery is also a kind of consumable, no matter what countermeasures are adopted, it is impossible to avoid its final loss, but everyone uses appropriate methods to reduce its embrittlement.
3. In order to make full use of the high efficiency of lithium batteries, they must be used frequently, so that the electronic devices in the lithium battery are in a fluid state from beginning to end. If you don’t use lithium batteries often, please remember to charge lithium batteries for one battery charge cycle time every month, and do a power calibration, that is, deep discharge and deep battery charge.
4. Pay attention to the working voltage of battery charging. If the battery charging voltage is too high, the 18650 battery pack will be overcharged, otherwise the battery will not be charged enough, which is harmful to the 18650 lithium battery.
Founded in 2012, Nuranu is a high-tech enterprise specializing in developing, manufacturing, marketing and serving of rechargeable battery packs products and accessories.
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Phone: +86-769-81010510
- Mobile: +86-13823274651
- Address: Room 301, 2nd Building, No. 55, Shikeng Road, Hengli Town, Dongguan, Guangdong Province, China